We are seeking students who embody the qualities of academic commitment, leadership, and service exemplified in the lives and careers of Dr. Hudson and Dr. Holland. Both individuals were outstanding scholars in their fields of study and sought to help promising undergraduate minority students overcome barriers similar to their own. The Hudson & Holland Scholars Program is highly selective and seeks applicants with outstanding records of academic achievement, strong leadership experiences, and a commitment to service and social justice.
The program celebrates diversity in all forms and is open to all undergraduate students. Strong consideration is given to students from underrepresented minority backgrounds and those whose presence will enhance the learning environment through increased diversity at Indiana University.
To be considered for the Hudson & Holland Scholars Program:
- Be a high school senior or current undergraduate student;
- Be admitted to Indiana University Bloomington;
- Complete the Selective Scholarship Application (SSA) that is specifically for Hudson & Holland Scholars (name will be listed on the SSA if it’s from us), OR complete the Hudson & Holland Scholars Program application;
- Possess a high school grade point average of 3.2 minimum on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent;
- **Present a combined SAT Math and Evidence-based Reading and Writing score of 1180 or higher, or an ACT score of 24 or higher; Optional, NOT Required**
- Possess a record of leadership or active participation in extracurricular or service-related activities;
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident with a valid Social Security Number.